This Greek orzo salad is one of my all-time favorite things to both make & eat!
It’s really easy, really quick & requires very little/no cooking at all! All you need to do is prepare a few yummy ingredients, mix them all up and BAM! – in 15-20 minutes time, you have a delicious summer pasta salad that will surely disappear quickly at any potluck or bbq you take it to & leave the people begging for more!
- 16 oz box of Orzo pasta
- 8 oz chicken, cooked & chopped into bite-size pieces (If you don’t want to do any cooking, you can use the pre-cooked packaged stuff like I often do to shave off time. OR, you can make it without chicken – I do it all the time and it’s still just as good!)
- 1-2 cucumbers, peeled, sliced & cut into halves (If i’m not adding chicken, I usually use 2 cucumbers.)
- 12 oz quartered marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 4 oz calamata olives, sliced
- 1 package grape tomatoes, sliced
- 6 oz package of feta cheese
- 1 tbsp Greek seasoning, or more, according to your taste (I use Cavender’s All Purpose Greek Seasoning)
- 2 tbsp olive oil (I will often use a Greek dressing in place of this & omit the Greek seasoning. I’ve been in a pinch before and not had olive oil or Greek dressing & I used 2 tbsp of the artichoke marinade with the Greek seasoning and it tastes just as good!)
- Lemon juice (or fresh lemon), according to taste
- optional: diced red onions — sometimes I do, sometimes I don’t.
- Cook your pasta according to instructions on the box (usually 8-10 minutes until soft)
- While pasta is cooking, peel, slice & cut your cukes in half, chop the artichoke hearts up into smaller pieces, slice the olives and tomatoes (and dice the onions if you are using them).
3. When the pasta is soft, drain & rinse then transfer to a large bowl. Add olive oil and Greek seasoning (or the Greek dressing) and make sure it’s mixed throughout. Toss in the chicken, cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, artichoke hearts & feta.
Mix it all up.
(Don’t be fooled by the wooden spoon. I really just mix it with my hands — it’s easier and makes less of a mess and doesn’t “damage” the ingredients).
4. Squeeze a little lemon juice & add a bit more seasoning (all according to taste). Mix up one more time. Stick it in the
refrigerator and let it chill for at least an hour or two. This is best served cold & always tastes the best if it has chilled