Every few months or so I re-read the book “Seven Women: And the Secret of their Greatness,” by Eric Metaxas. It always inspires me, because the women he showcases were ordinary women who did extraordinary things. The women are incredible women of history, like Joan of Arc and Rosa Parks who left the world a better place. They are the type of woman I aspire to be.
This go around of reading has been a little different for me. With The Lovely Experience quickly approaching, I have been thinking about the Seven Women around me, who inspire me most.
So I compiled my own list of Seven Women and am sharing my perception as to why they are great
1) Kim Eddy: Kim is one of my favorite people in the whole wide world. She has this magical knack that whenever I am having a bad day she can post a blooper from a Living Loving Video that will instantly cheer me up. She is constantly cracking me up, yet she is also so serious and hard working. She is serious in her love for others and makes sure every girls knows their value. I wish everyone was able to see how excited the girls in her groups are whenever she walks into the room. At UBC there is literally a Kim Eddy fan club, and it’s just so beautiful because each girl at UBC knows how much Kim loves them, and I love Kim for that.
2) Emilee Westervelt: Emilee is Wonder Woman, combined with Super Woman and just an all around wonderful human. I look at her and literally don’t know how she does it all. She’s an incredible mom to two sweet boys, runs The Lovely Project Blog and social media, runs multiple Lovely Groups, helps run the foundation, and she even has a job outside of Lovely. The list of all that she does goes on and on. She does all of this with a big smile and is always willing to do more. I still haven’t figured out how she does it all, but I do know she has a heart for the girls of Orlando that is admirable and she somehow keeps going day in and day out. She’s truly someone I aspire to be.
3) Suzanna Earle: Suzanna is the epitome of goals. She was a total boss in her career, and actually left her incredible position to travel the world to serve others. Over the past year she has served in India, explored the UK, Thailand, and the USA. She is working to bring The Lovely Project to her home country of Jamaica as well. When she is in Orlando she is an incredible role model and mentor who fills in for multiple Lovely groups. I know that whenever she teaches at a group I am involved with, I leave a better person. She’s also one of the most fun and stylish women you will ever encounter. She’s not much older than me, but I want to be her when I grow up.
4) Jewel Josue: Before I knew Jewel I thought she was too cool to ever be friends with someone as awkward as me. But as I got to know Jewel I realized she is one of the sweetest and most fun people anyone will ever encounter. She has been a mentor at Wheatley Elementary multiple years, is a mentor at Wolf Lake and helps run other groups whenever there is a need. She has such a heart for the girls she serves. She can laugh, dance and be silly with the girls in her groups, but is also able to impart such wisdom into the girl’s lives. Anyone who encounters Jewel is a blessed person, because she is such a blessing.
5) Melissa Fleming Melissa is the 5th person in Living Lovely, and perhaps the most important. She films and edits most of the videos and does so much behind the scenes work. She is so hardworking, but never ever complains about her workload. Without her Living Lovely probably would have fizzled out by now. She is quiet and humble, but when she speaks it is always something so beautiful and loving. She is encouraging and such a special friend and woman. I am thankful for her friendship and the wisdom she leaves me with every time we interact.
6) Mariah Lemes & Tabitha Reid: Okay, so I get that this is technically two people, but it’s really hard to narrow my list down to just 7 woman so I am cheating for the 6th and 7th spots. These two ladies lead the open Lovely Group on Wednesday nights. They are both so loving and probably the most hospitable women you will ever encounter. Every time I have been a part of their open groups they always have hot tea or beverages for the girls within the group. They’re both so silly and make their group so much fun. They play games, and create such impactful teachings for Lovely. I love hearing them talk about the growth within the girls in their group because you can tell how much they love and how special each girl is to them. Lovely is lucky to have such loving leaders.
Brand new Lovely group starting tomorrow 9/21! When: Wednesdays from 7-8Where: 5495 Clarcona Ocoee Rd, Orlando, FL…
7) Dr. Crystal Evans, Aslinn Bouton, Hope Evans, and Grace McKenzie: I am really stretching this one, but these are such incredible woman and I definitely couldn’t leave them off of my list. These four women have such a heart for girls in Orlando. They believe that every girl has a voice and so much value. They are determined to make sure every single girl knows just how beautiful and special they are. They are fearless and so silly, but so much fun. They are wonderful mothers and wonderful friends. They are the founders of The Lovely Project and have changed so many girls’ lives, including my own. Without The Lovely Project I would not be the woman I am today, and I owe so much to them. They are the reason for the upcoming event where so many girls are going to experience freedom like never before.
The Lovely Project Founders: Dr. Crystal Evans, Aslinn Bouton, Hope Evans, and Grace Mckenzie at The Lovely Project Benefit.
My list could literally go on and on because there are so many inspiring woman within my life that I am so grateful for, but for now I will leave it with these 7 (*11*).
I noticed there’s a common theme amongst the women I picked, they are all a part of The Lovely Project (I am biased, but this organization is incredible, so it’s okay) but more importantly they love people unconditionally. They serve others, love fearlessly and are determined to make sure every girl knows their value. They are what make The Lovely Project such a success and I am thankful that I get to call them all friends or mentors.
They, and so many more incredible woman, will be at The Lovely Project One Day experience on Saturday February 3.
The Lovely Project Experience is coming February 3rd!!!! Register for the best FREE event (for girls ages 11-19) in Orlando at wearelovely.com/register! 🎉#TLPE2018 #OurSelves #OurFriends #OurWorld
Posted by The Lovely Project on Friday, January 5, 2018
It’s a free event you don’t want to miss. See you there Lovelies!