It’s Fall y’all! Well, for everyone else in the continental U.S. except for Florida, but that isn’t necessarily a surprise…. *CUE MOSQUITO BUZZING*
Even though we are still in the high 80s, my besties and I have already started pulling out the sweaters and cute boots- we will sweat for Fall, because Fall!
Besides sweating our butts off, we are all also cooking up all the warm, deliciousness that this season inspires. Pumpkin spice everything, squash for days, sweet potatoes, and allllll the pie and cookies.
At The Lovely Project, we are living out our very best Fall lives! We wanted to share a couple recipes with you for all of your November potlucks and all of the company that arrives this time of year. This week, we are starting with sweet potato chicken corn chowder, and my golly! It is good!
Here’s the recipe and YouTube video where we show you step by step how to create this crowd pleaser!
Slow Cooker Chicken and Sweet Potato Chowder
Author: Slow Cooker Gourmet
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 pound sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 1/2 cups frozen sweet corn kernels
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Add all ingredients except cream to slow cooker
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8
- Remove chicken once fully cooked and shred
- Return to slow cooker along with cream and let heat through for 15 more minute
Remember to share photos with us on Instagram if you try this recipe!
If you’re a Lovely OG, you may remember Megan from many years ago. She started her Lovely journey as a single mom, with her little guy Liam. A couple years after being with Lovely, she met the love of her life, Matthew and within a year and a half, they were married! Liam is now SIX, and has an almost two year old baby sister, Eliza. Check out the Living Lovely Ladies Youtube page for more from Megan as well as many more blogs from her here!