Because convenience food doesn’t have to come in a box…
Mornings can be hectic, which is why I love grab-and-go breakfasts. Unfortunately, most prepackaged breakfast foods are loaded with sugar, and highly processed or artificial ingredients. That’s why I set out to create a delicious, easy, and healthy breakfast cookie recipe. These strawberry banana breakfast cookies are a convenient and healthy breakfast, snack, or dessert option that takes just 10 minutes to prep!
With just 10 minutes of prep, this recipe is seriously easy! Toss oats and Cheerios in a food processor or blender, blend for one minute, then dump the oat mixture and remaining ingredients in a large bowl, stir until well combined, drop by 1/3 cup full scoops (I use an ice cream scoop) onto a baking sheet, pop in the oven and you’re done!
Pin and Share:
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free oats
- 4 cups Cheerios
- 1/2 cup golden flax seed (ground)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup coconut oil – melted
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam or preserves
- 1 egg – room temperature
- 2 ripe bananas – mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine oats and Cheerios in food processor or blender and blend for 30 seconds to 1 minute, then combine with remaining ingredients in large bowl.
- Stir until well combined and drop by 1/3 cup scoops* onto parchment paper lined baking sheet and flatten slightly. (*I use an ice cream scoop to scoop the dough)
- Bake for 16 minutes until lightly golden.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!