Valentine Oreo Truffles: Made with just 3 ingredients, these no-bake truffles are so easy and so delicious. (Recipe includes gluten-free version).
No-Bake = So Easy
Though I’m a baker at heart, I have a soft spot for no-bake recipes. They’re just so easy! Seriously, if you know how to operate a microwave, you can make these delicious Valentine Oreo Truffles.
Whether they’re for a party of two, a classroom Valentine party, or a Valentine get-together with friends, these bite-size truffles are sure to be a hit with everyone.
Dress Them Up
There are so many options for decorating these. To decorate yours with hearts and stripes as pictured, just snip the corner off a small plastic bag (a tiny snip will do), and fill with already melted Candy Melts. You can also dress your truffles up with sprinkles, Oreo crumbs, or chopped nuts.
Make Them Gluten-Free
If you’re gluten intolerant like me, or plan to make these for a gluten intolerant friend, you can easily make these gluten-free by swapping the Oreos with gluten-free sandwich cookies. I use Glutino Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, which are available at my local grocery store. You can also find them online. Note that the package of gluten-free cookies may not contain 36 cookies, so you may need to purchase two packages.
Valentine Oreo Truffles
- 36 Oreos (One 16oz package)
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese (softened)
- 16 oz Candy Melts or Baker’s or semi-sweet baker’s chocolate (see note)
- Crush Oreos in a food processor or blender. If you don’t have either, place cookies in a gallon sized zip top bag and roll over with a rolling pin until finely crushed.
- Mix in softened cream cheese. (If using a food processor to crush Oreos, toss the cream cheese in and blend until well combined).
- Form Oreo mixture into 1 inch balls.
- Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Melt Candy Melts or chocolate.
- Use two forks to carefully lower each truffle into the melted coating, then place on wax paper to cool. If decorating with sprinkles or crushed Oreos, add them to your truffle immediately, before the candy coating cools. If decorating with more candy coating, pour melted candy coating into a small zip top bag. Make a small snip in the corner, and squeeze to decorate.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Note: You can find Candy Melts on the wedding isle of most Walmarts and many craft stores.
Rachael is a former teacher turned stay at home mom and blogger with a passion for saving money. She blogs about simple, healthy and affordable recipes, money saving tips and more at http://www.promisinglypennywise.com/